Eligibility for Miss Competition:
- a single female between the ages of 17-24
- a high school graduate before July 30th
- not less than 17 years of age on the date of the local pageant nor more than 24 years of age before December 31
- Must Reside in one of the following counties in Georgia: Muscogee, Harris, Talbot, Troup, Meriwether, Chattahoochee, Sumter, Taylor, Webster, Marion, Stewart, Schley, Calhoun, Quitman, Upson, Macon, Heard, Carroll, Randolph, and Clay.
Please Note that there is a National Platform for Miss America: The Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals. All contestants competing in a local preliminary are required to complete the Service Requirement of raising $100 for the CMNH. This is a tax deductible donation. 40% goes to the Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals, 30% to the Miss America Scholarship Fund and 30% to the local pageant. Contestants are not required to handle any money. All fundraising must be done via internet and email. Please visit the official website at www.missamericaforkids.org. Here you can register and get answers to frequently answered questions. Please call or e-mail us if you have ANY questions.
In order to compete in the Miss Columbus pageant you must complete your requirement. We will check the missamericaforkids website to ensure your compliance and no contestant will be allowed to compete unless she has fulfilled this requirement.
The following items are needed for competition. The forms must be typed and you must use the the required forms.
- Talent presentations must not exceed 90 seconds
- Only the contestant will be permitted on stage during her talent presentation. No other person can be part of her presentation.
- Talent presentations must be performed live
- Contestants will wear a dress, pantsuit or other attire suitable for a job interview. The interview will be “panel-style” with the questions asked in “press conference style” by the judges. The judge asking the first question is determined before the interview begins and, after that question, there is no pre-determined order of questions. Any judge may ask a question at any time.
- Contestants select evening gown, cocktail-type pantsuit, or other evening wear attire suitable to the individual contestant.
- Contestants will wear an approved one piece/ two piece swimwear. Please be prepared to have a back up swimsuit if your first is not approved.
- Contestants will be asked one question.
- Application Please be sure to provide a valid email for all required paperwork to be sent to the delegate.
(in case of two requests for the same music, the contestant whose form is received first will be allowed to use the music if the talent is the same format)
- Contestant Photo ( 300dpi jpeg ) This will be used for social media and website purposes. Please email the jpeg to [email protected]
- Music (MP3 to be emailed. CD back up to be brought to rehearsal please; music cannot exceed 90 seconds in time)
- Proof of Residency (driver's license or school transcript, etc.)
- Birth Certificate
- $100 CMNH requirement - Miss contestants only.